No, that's not the first fact (although I guess it could be!). But I love finding out about other people, their likes, dislikes and what makes them tick!
So I thought I would give you a little insight into some of my favourite things and random facts about me! If I was planning a wedding, I would want to know these small things about my suppliers so I could feel we had a real connection.
1. I have an older brother. He's 8 years older than me so we grew up virtually as only children but are a lot closer now.
2. I was born in Suffolk, lived just over the border in Norfolk and we moved to Rutland when I was 6. I've also lived in High Wycombe and Glasgow.
3. We lived in a windmill for 2 months!
4. I play piano, flute, clarinet, harp and saxophone.
5. I would love to play the cello!
6. I have what you would call a "portfolio" career - I also have a marketing business, work for DG Music on their marketing and account management, and do freelance work for businesses like NCO (National Childrens' Orchestras of Great Britain) and Rural Roots Media.
7. My favourite wedding venue is Normanton Church on Rutland Water.
8. I graduated from the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland in 2015 with a Bachelor of Music degree in clarinet.
9. I live with my boyfriend, Oli, who is a primary school teacher.
10. For my 10th birthday I got 2 kittens! One is no longer around but Marbles is now the ripe old age of sixteen!
11. I absolutely love musicals, I remember seeing Beauty and the Beast in London back in 1999 which was my first experience of the magic of the theatre. John Barrowman played the Beast!
12. My favourite musical is....... oh how can I choose?! Ok, my shortlist is Les Miserables, The Sound of Music, Legally Blonde, West Side Story, Phantom of the Opera... I could go on forever!
13. I have played the harp for Prince Charles.
14. My favourite book is The Railway Children. I read it every year (sometimes twice) and it's always a delight. And that ending always brings me to tears,
15. My guilty pleasure is processed cheese. Be it a Babybel, cheese string or burger cheese, I love it. I also am the first to the cheeseboard at a party.
16. My favourite holiday destination is New York. Although we did have 3 amazing holidays when I was growing up driving around Europe. We'd drive for a week to a villa, stay there for a week and then get home a different route. Everything was meticulously planned but it was just wonderful.
17. When I was 3 I had chronic juvenile arthrtis in my knee and could barely walk with the pain.
18. My favourite season is Autumn.
19. My favourite month is February. Or June because that's my birthday month. Or maybe December...
20. I LOVE Christmas!!
Welcome to the blog of Harriet Flather Musician!